Thursday, August 18, 2005

The God Shot

I started listening to the Coffee Geek podcast. Tonight I heard of something I'm not familiar with: the god shot. These coffee people are hardcore and aren't kidding (LOL). Does the Pope (or did the previous Il Papa) really bless coffee:

But what exactly is the God Shot? The answer comes naturally to me, so naturally, that I can't actually put it in words with ease, but I do know instinctively what it is. One thing it's not: it is not meant to be a slam against God, or the breaking of one of the Ten Commandments (Thou shalt not...). It is a homage to God in a way because when someone talks about a God Shot, it is something so special, so unique, so perfect, it's almost as if God Himself has blessed it. And since a long ago Pope proclaimed that God blesses and approves of coffee, it is only natural it could extend to the perfect espresso: the God Shot.

No comments: