Monday, February 13, 2006

Most Romantic Valentine's Day Gesture

The Ralph's by my house is the worst place to be anytime near or on Valentine's Day. Yesterday I completed my big shop for the week. I was glad to not have to go back. The store is decorated a la Valentine's Day on steroids... in the sort of way that gets you down. To my horror, I discovered that I was almost out of worsteshire sauce. I ventured over to Ralph's about 8:30 p.m. and found lines 10-20 people long. Just insanely long lines of people buying strawberries, alcohol, balloons, etc. Except for the guy behind me in line. He was standing in a 20 minute line with one box of tampons. That is love! On top of that, he watched my basket while I ran to get the elbow macaroni I'd forgotten on my pass through the store.

1 comment:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

That's the best Valentine's story I've heard, how great!