Tuesday, October 04, 2005

To Each Is Own: Ask Jeeves Proposal

I guess this guy rates points for asking his girl to get married. However, he loses some for the method:

"I proposed via Ask Jeeves. I brought Yisha to my office, ask her to search on her name. While she was doing that I kneeled behind her with the ring and flowers. She typed in her name into Ask Jeeves, full name, and up came a special Smart Answer (thanks to Jim Lanzone and team) with the proposal."



While creative, it is completely dorky. That's right... not nerdy, which is cool - DORKY. Nerdy would be something like hacking into your girlfriend's computer and displaying a message:

I own your box, but you own my heart.
Will you marry me?

or

Your Windows installation lacks SP2.
Without you in my life, I am < SP1.
Will you marry me?

Except for the viral connotation, the countless dollars in economic damage and the laws broken, the Melissa virus was kind of romantic. An .ico on your web site related to something that reminds you of her, getting into dorkyland, but 98% nerd.

1 comment:

Deepanjan said...

Agreed! Sites hit upon such ludicrous ideas to get the message across!