Saturday, August 14, 2004

I love John Mayer

...because his lyrics capture stuff I've felt but never known how to say. Par example:

"I can't find where the moment went wrong at all" and "I survive on the air you are finished with". - from Come Back to Bed

"I still you'd fought me til your dying day/Don't let me get away". and "there's no substance in 'for a time'" - from Split Screen Sadness

"She's like a maze where all of the walls continually change/And I've done all I can to stand on the steps with my heart in my hand/Now I'm starting to see maybe it's got nothing to do with me." - from Daughters

"I'd rather be a mystery than she desert me". - from My Stupid Mouth

I think a blog can include other people's words. It's really just a place for me to put things so I can get them out of my inner monologue. We'll see if it works or not.

It's also helping me avoid finishing my article. Ug, I hate the APA format. Why did I have to learn MLA first!?

Uh oh, my blogging is starting to bore me. I can't imagine this is interesting to anyone else. I should remember to hide this or just delete the posts when I'm done.

No comments: