Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I Need Fixing

A bunch of albums from cool bands are just out. I'm enjoying the new Coldplay album "X&Y". I went back to buying tangible CDs from Amazon, after trouble with running out of iTunes purchased music. I still buy one song at a time on iTunes. One of my hopes in buying the CDs was that the liner notes would be cool. The liner notes are almost non-existant for the new Coldplay album. A further irony is that they have all of these save the earth links in the back and boast of the materials being earth friendly. It would have been more earth friendly to only print a single sheet for the cover and to skip all of the lousy quality pictures and blank pages. Enough dissing. I really like the songs "What If" and "Fix You" so far. Here are some of my favorite lyrics:

From What If

What if I got it wrong, and no poem or song
Could put right what I got wrong
Or make you feel I belong
What if you should decide that you don't want me there by your side
That you don't want me there in your life.

Every step that you take could be your biggest mistake
It could bend or it could break
But that's the risk that you take
What if you should decide
That you don't want me there in your life
That you don't want me there by your side.

From Fix You

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

No comments: