Thursday, January 19, 2006

In Support of My Favorite Sweater

I may never have written about him, were it not for his fashion gaffe. Nonetheless, I have to give a nod to Bolivia's President Evo Morales and his favorite sweater. The latest Time Magazine has him in four separate pictures wearing the same red, white, blue and grey horizontally striped, alpaca sweater. He met the leaders of China, the UN, Spain and South Africa in it!

I didn't find a good picture of it, but I did learn that Kentucky has a llama and alpaca association. You'll be relieved to know that they have full meeting minutes on their web site.



I spent most of high school in a green, wool Benetton sweater. By my senior year, my friends were begging me to throw it out. It was cozy, kind of like a security blanket. I should make some quilting squares out of it. That would require some skill and effort though. It wasn't like any sweater I could find online. With some digging, I should be able to find myself in a picture wearing it.

Can you believe the head of Benetton has such help-me-find-the-words press photos? Look, he's making the baglady a new green sweater!

No comments: