Thursday, September 29, 2005

Reservations

Just stumbled on a new favorite Wilco song, "Reservations". It would be amazing to have someone write you a love song, but maybe not this one. Too real.

*****

How can I convince you it's me I don't like
And not be so indifferent to the look in your eyes
When I've always been distant
and I've always told lies for love

I'm bound by these choices so hard to make
I'm bound by the feeling so easy to fake
None of this is real enough to take me from you

Oh I've got reservations
about so many things
but not about you

I know this isn't what you were wanting me to say
How can I get closer and be further away
From the truth that proves it's beautiful to lie

****

I guess that's just it. I probably want to hear the lies at least some of the time. (Too lazy to do the right characters. Imagine I'm slick).
- Vous etes la femme la plus belle au monde.
- Il n'ya personne comme vous.
- Je mourrais sans vous.
- Vous etes l'amour de la vie.
- Sie sinde die grobe deutsche Frau.
and my favorite (every 6 mos is enough):
- Don't lose any weight. You are perfect as you are.

I am going to quit now before I put Morrissey out of business.

No comments: